All the answers to our most frequently asked questions.
- Is there a warranty protecting my 50-Year Fence?
- Where is The 50-Year Fence manufactured?
- Can I buy The 50-Year Fence at Tractor Supply or other large chain stores?
- What is the difference between The 50-Year Fence and other fixed knot products?
- What sizes and spacing configurations are available?
- I have an existing fixed knot fence on my property. Will the line wires of a 50-Year Fence match up with the existing line wires?
- What are the advantages/disadvantages of The 50-Year Fence high tensile wire vs. traditional low carbon wire?
- Feral hogs are tearing up my fences and destroying my fields, which StaTite50 wire should I use?
- Is SASCO planning on making any other 50-Year Fence products beside the field fence?
Is there a warranty protecting my 50-Year Fence?
Yes. The 50-Year Fence is backed by a standard 50-Year warranty. Download a copy here.
The 50-Year Fence is American-made, manufactured by Bekaert Corp. in Van Buren, Arkansas.
No. The 50-Year Fence is distributed exclusively by San Antonio Steel Company and is available through an extensive dealer network comprised of lumberyards, feed stores and cooperatives across Texas. Use our dealer locator to find The 50-Year Fence near you.
The coating is the only difference between The 50- Year Fence and other fixed knot fences.
Other manufacturers use a class 3 coating and The 50-Year Fence uses an advanced Zinc-Aluminum Class 40 coat which more than doubles the life of the fence. The knots and wire strength are identical.
There are eight different size configurations in The 50-Year Fence family, however our product line is always growing. To learn more about the available sizes and their various applications, click here.
Again, the only difference in the various fixed knot products is the coating. All of the lines wire are exactly the same.
High tensile wire has a higher breaking strength and less stretch: 1,500 lbs and 2-3% stretch with a 50 year life.
Low carbon has a lower breaking strength and higher stretch: 500 lbs and 12-13% stretch with a 7 to 12 year life.
We recommend 735-6-330’ for feral hog control, however any of The 50-Year Fence wires with a six inch spacing will work.
Yes. We are constantly looking for ways to expand our product line and bring our customers the most innovative fencing options available.